As part of the Standing Committee on Finance and Economic Affairs’ 2024 Ontario Pre-Budget consultations, OFA outlined five key areas in rural Ontario where the province can stimulate the economy:
- Promoting and protecting Ontario grown food by addressing labour shortages and providing funding for Ontario’s Risk Management program.
- Modernizing Ontario’s Farm Tax Programs and ensuring Development Charges do not disproportionately impact Ontario’s farmers.
- Investing in rural and social infrastructure.
- Continuing to invest in a provincial soil health strategy and water stewardship program.
- Improving access to veterinarian care in rural and northern Ontario.
OFA is prepared to work closely with the Ontario government to deliver these necessary investments and programs for the benefit of Ontario’s economy and all its citizens.
Previous related OFA submissions:
February 8, 2023 – OFA submission regarding Ontario’s 2023 pre-budget consultations