The Ontario Federation of Agriculture (OFA) is in search for a skilled web developer who will be responsible for developing and/or designing websites and web applications for our company. The successful candidate will be working alongside their peers and in cross-functional teams in creating, maintaining, and updating OFA’s websites and web applications.
Key Position Responsibilities and Duties
- Website and software application designing, building, or maintaining.
- Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications, and digital media.
- Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Directing or performing Website updates.
- Developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Editing, writing, or designing Website content, and directing team members who produce content.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Back up files from Web sites to local directories for recovery.
- Identifying problems uncovered by user feedback and testing and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Regular exposure to business stakeholders and executive management, as well as the authority and scope to apply your expertise to many interesting technical problems.
- Determining user needs by analyzing technical requirements.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with a minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Solid knowledge and experience in programming applications.
- Expert knowledge of SQL databases including MS SQL Server and MySQL. NoSQL, Cloud, DB Appliances and OLAP Cube exposure is an asset.
- Knowledge of web UX, e-commerce, cross-browser compatibility, security principles, object-oriented design, web services (REST/SOAP), and multimedia content development.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Dedicated team player
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of programming language and technical terminology
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them
- High degree of independent judgment
- Able to solve complex problems
- Creative thinking
- The following options are available:
- Full-time at the OFA Head office in Guelph, Ontario.
- Full-time remote with in-person attendance for meetings and events.
- Hybrid with two days onsite per week and the remaining at home
Applicants may submit their cover letter and resume, in confidence to Hr@ofa.on.ca. The deadline to submit an application is October 1st, 2021, at 4 pm. To view this job posting in PDF format, please click here.