As part of Finance Canada’s 2023 pre-budget consultations, OFA provided five recommendations to help strengthen our agri-food sector, rural communities, and all of Canada:
- Financial compensation for farmers negatively impacted by fertilizer tariffs
- Exempt farm businesses from the filing requirements for the Underused Housing Tax
- Improve the Advanced Payment Program
- Provide funding for farmers to adopt clean technologies
- Broadening the Fuel Tax Exemptions for Farmers
OFA is prepared to work closely with the federal government to deliver these necessary investments and programs for the benefit of Canada’s economy and all its citizens.