Every year at the Annual General Meeting, we take a few moments to review our successes and accomplishments of the past year. Everything the OFA does supports our mission of Farms and Food Forever. Our job is to make sure the needs and opportunities of Ontario farmers and rural communities are being heard. We are proud of the incredible work done locally by our county and regional federations to make sure our sector is well represented.
Highlights of the past year:
- Land use planning and farmland preservation dominated OFA’s advocacy agenda.
- Worked on a wide range of other issues including carbon tax exemptions, rural infrastructure, Underused Housing Tax, cyber security, trespassing and thefts.
- Participated in a variety of events from our own lobby day at Queen’s Park and the Rural Ontario Municipal Conference to Canada’s Outdoor Farm Show and Farm & Food Care Ontario’s Breakfast on the Farm events.
- OFA hosted webinars and special events with our benefit partners.
- Formed new partnerships with groups like Crimestoppers.
- Continued our investment into outreach projects and initiatives at the local level through the OFA Revive Fund:
- Over $200,000 invested over the last two years.
- Projects like sign campaigns, training for emergency responders, teaching people about farming and promoting local food production.
It really is true that sometimes a picture is worth a 1,000 words – here is a video we’ve put together that will give you a flavour of the year it’s been at OFA.