OFA is currently seeking a Communications Coordinator to join our organization.
We are searching for a skilled team player who will be responsible for developing, overseeing and implementing a robust communications strategy for a Farmer Mental Wellness Program. The successful candidate will liaise with internal and external stakeholders including funders and partner organizations in order to promote mental health services to farmers across Ontario.
The Coordinator will oversee all aspects of program promotion and marketing as well as monitoring program usage and supporting program growth and uptake across the province.
Reporting to the Director of Communications and Stakeholder Relations, and with the support of the OFA Communications team, the Communications Coordinator Ontario Farmer Wellness Program is responsible for the coordination, and execution of a mental health promotions strategy with support of an external marketing agency.
We are seeking an experienced, strategic thinker with knowledge of Ontario’s rural and agricultural community, strong leadership skills, and general knowledge of mental health promotion. The successful candidate will have direct experience working with the agricultural community, and/or the mental health field, preferably both. Experience in a bilingual environment (English & French) would be considered an asset.
Key Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work closely with OFA’s Director of Communications and Stakeholder Relations to support the development of a strong communication plan to support the launch and delivery of a province-wide Farmer Mental Wellness Program.
- Lead project plan schedules, budgets, and achievement of program goals and objectives
- Build a network and establish partnerships both internally and externally with program partners, provincial government, accredited farm organizations and mental health organizations, and ensure regular program updates to a provincial advisory council as required
- Writing and editing news releases, speaking notes, web content, social media messages and a variety of other communications materials
- Consistent monitoring, analysis and measuring of the impact and effectiveness of communications activities and messaging
- Contribute to OFA’s website, annual publication, newsletters and weekly e-newsletter to members, industry stakeholders and benefit partners
- Lead OFA’s participation with booths and/or presentations at trade shows and local and provincial-level meetings
- Maintenance of promotional material inventory and distribution of materials
- Participate in internal meetings, including training opportunities within the organization
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- University degree (BA, BSc.), college diploma or equivalent related work experience. Post-secondary training and experience in health and/or mental health preferred
- Knowledge, understanding and experience within Ontario’s agriculture and food industry an asset
- Experience in program development and project management is an asset
- Highly developed networking skills, excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, editing, presentation, organizational, and problem-solving skills are required
- A G class driver’s license is required and/or access to transportation to ensure attendance at required meetings and events.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Possesses strong organization skills and manages time efficiently
- Above average ability to motivate, work independently and within a team environment
- Demonstrates creativity and attention to detail
- Proficient public speaking abilities are an asset
- Advanced knowledge, understanding and use of social media platforms
- Knowledge and experience using web content management systems, with specific reference to WordPress
- Knowledge and experience using Google Analytics and social media monitoring and management tools such as Sprout Social
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Video editing software and Website management would be considered a strong asset
- Outgoing nature with the ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues, industry partners, members and external audiences
- Working out of OFA’s head office in Guelph with flexible work arrangements available
- Usually works a standard thirty-five (35) hour work week
- A valid Ontario driver’s license and/or access to reliable transportation
- This role is primarily a desk job, with extended periods of sitting, reading, telephone interaction, and/or working at the computer. Attendance at various meetings throughout the workday/workweek will be required; meetings may occur on short notice, depending on the circumstances.
- Some travel required within Ontario and work outside of normal office hours to trade shows, meetings and events. Travel may require an overnight stay, depending on location.
In accordance with OFA’s COVID-19 Vaccine policy, new employees are required to be fully vaccinated, (valid medical or Ontario Human Rights Code exemptions permitted), against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
This is a full-time position starting in December 2021.