Programs Updated as of May 1, 2017
Whether you are planning high performance new construction or retrofit efficiency improvements for your farm operation, Save ON Energy has updated Prescriptive Lists for eligible energy efficient equipment for the Agricultural Sector. Speak with your local electricity distributor to apply for incentives before you apply for a structural permit.
The High Performance New Construction funding stream provides design assistance and incentives for building owners and planners who design and implement energy efficient equipment within their new space.
Retrofit Incentives reduce project and operational costs for equipment upgrades – and open the door to new possibilities for your agri-business. Whether it’s a lighting upgrade, motor and heating installations or new control systems, incorporating energy efficiency into your operations delivers benefits that reach far beyond your energy bill.
Farm buildings are uniquely designed compared to typical commercial, warehouse and industrial building designs. Save ON Energy has Prescriptive Lists for agri-businesses to accommodate these unique requirements for new construction and retrofit applications. Here is the link to Prescriptive List for Agri-Businesses and for Agricultural Exhaust Fans, updated May 1, 2017.
All local electricity distributors support these Save ON Energy incentives. Download the complete Save ON Energy Measures fact sheet below to find an Agricultural Measures General Checklist and a Dairy Measures Checklist. These same measures are available from all electricity distributors.
Agricultural General Checklist
- One for one replacements (some measures exempted)
- Incentive applications must meet all requirements on the corresponding prescriptive worksheet
- Incentive applications must be submitted AND approved PRIOR to starting the project or issuing a purchase order
- Typical pre-approval requirements:
- Make, model and spec sheet of existing equipment
- Make, model and spec sheet of new equipment
- Quotation/cost breakdown
- Post-installation documents must be submitted AND approved in to receive incentive funds
- Typical post-approval requirements:
- Final invoice (showing quantity, make/model and cost)
- Proof of payment
- Proof of disposal (itemized list of disposed equipment)
Program Rules & Documents available at www.HydroOne.com/Retrofit
This is a technology specific checklist prepared as a ready reference for trade allies or participants to prepare technology specific information and/or documents, and is subject to change to remain consistent with any changes to Program Rules.
We have provided a link to some Hydro One brochures to help introduce you to these savings.
Before you make a purchase, please contact Hydro One to learn how you can qualify.