The Ontario Federation of Agriculture (OFA) and the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) have coordinated a free, online network to bring together economic development and planning professionals across Ontario interested in agricultural issues. The quarterly meeting topics will be based on relevant municipal policies, procedures and programming impacting the agricultural sector.
- Voice your challenges and receive feedback from fellow practitioners
- Speak with experts in the field and have your questions answered
- Network with other municipal staff that work on similar issues
- Learn best practices and strategies that you can implement in your community
Join the Email List: We will notify you about upcoming webinars
Supporting On-Farm Diversified Uses: Enabling Agricultural Vitality in Your Community, Thursday, December 1, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Register Here
Visit the Google Drive to view content from past webinars.
- By the Numbers: Profiling Your Agri-Food Sector Using Impactful Stats
- Exploring the Agricultural System
- Serving Up Local: Municipal Local Food Procurement
- Growing Agri-Tourism Initiatives in your Community
- Everything You Need to Know about Agricultural Impact Assessments (AIAs)
- Growing the Agri-Food Workforce through Skills and Training Opportunities
- Exploring Opportunities to Support the Ontario Meat Processing Sector
- Utilizing Ag Data to Maximize Impact
- Always in Season: A Toolkit for Local Food Practitioners
- Feeding Your Future: Connecting Ontario’s Agri-Food Workforce
- …and many more!
Resources to Support Agriculture Economic Development and Planning
OFA has compiled a wide range of tools and resources to help you get started with agriculture economic development and land use planning, learn more here.