The Ontario Federation of Agriculture (OFA) and the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) have coordinated a free, online network to bring together economic development and planning professionals across Ontario interested in agricultural issues. The quarterly meeting topics will be based on relevant municipal policies, procedures and programming impacting the agricultural sector.
- Voice your challenges and receive feedback from fellow practitioners
- Speak with experts in the field and have your questions answered
- Network with other municipal staff that work on similar issues
- Learn best practices and strategies that you can implement in your community
Join the Email List: We will notify you about upcoming webinars
Topic – To be determined
Thursday, September 8, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Join the email list to be notified of the registration link, and to be notified of upcoming webinars.
- Exploring the Agricultural System
- Serving Up Local: Municipal Local Food Procurement
- Growing Agri-Tourism Initiatives in your Community
- Everything You Need to Know about Agricultural Impact Assessments (AIAs)
- Growing the Agri-Food Workforce through Skills and Training Opportunities
- Exploring Opportunities to Support the Ontario Meat Processing Sector
- Utilizing Ag Data to Maximize Impact
- Always in Season: A Toolkit for Local Food Practitioners
- Feeding Your Future: Connecting Ontario’s Agri-Food Workforce
- Agriculture and COVID-19: How Can We Help?
- Planning for Agriculture: Balancing Growth and Compatibility
- The Future AgriWorkforce: Data, Strategies and Opportunities
- Place to Grow: Agri-food Innovation Initiative
- Agricultural Advisory Committees: Case Studies and Lessons Learned
- Canadian Agricultural Partnership Funding Q&A with OSCIA and OMAFRA Staff
- …and many more!
Resources to Support Agriculture Economic Development and Planning
OFA and OMAFRA have compiled a wide range of tools and resources to help you get started with agriculture economic development and land use planning.