The Ontario Federation of Agriculture (OFA) and the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) have coordinated a free, online network to bring together economic development and planning professionals across Ontario interested in agricultural issues. The quarterly meeting topics will be based on relevant municipal policies, procedures and programming impacting the agricultural sector.
- Voice your challenges and receive feedback from fellow practitioners
- Speak with experts in the field and have your questions answered
- Network with other municipal staff that work on similar issues
- Learn best practices and strategies that you can implement in your community
Join the Email List: We will notify you about upcoming webinars
Navigating Ag Data to Tell Your Story
Thursday, February 14, 2019
Access the Google Drive: View content from past webinars
- Communicating Agriculture to Municipal Council
- Succession Planning: Supporting the Transition for Farm Businesses
- Enhancing Agri-Tourism and Culinary Initiatives in Your Community
- Canadian Agricultural Partnership Funding Q&A with OMAFRA Program Staff
- Changing Times. Evolving Agri-Food Workforce. Are We Ready?
- Making the Case for Local Food: A New OMAFRA Data Tool
- Supporting Agri-Food Infrastructure Through Funding, Programs and Resources
- Connecting the Dots to Strengthen the Agri-Business Value Chain
- Understanding Your Agri-Food Community Through Data
- Pilot: Farm Property Assessment and Taxation
Resources to Support Agriculture Economic Development and Planning
OFA and OMAFRA have compiled a wide range of tools and resources to help you get started with agriculture economic development and land use planning.
Agriculture Economic Development Policy Analyst, OFA