The Ontario Federation of Agriculture (OFA) is pleased to announce the return of the OFA Honda Member Draw for 2020.
New this year, OFA and Honda have teamed up to give members an opportunity to win a brand-new grand prize – a 2020 Honda Pioneer Side-by-Side 700M2DLX. OFA members are invited to enter the draw for a chance to win with OFA and Honda and take home a new 2020 Honda Side-by-Side, electric generator or power tool.
As an OFA benefit program partner, Honda offers members access to preferred rates and special discounts on ATV, Side-by-Side, and Power Equipment products.
We’re giving away three great Honda prizes:
- Grand Prize – 2020 Honda Pioneer Side-by-Side 700M2DLX
- 2nd Prize – Honda EU3000iS Electric Start Generator
- 3rd Prize – Honda C435 GX35 VERSATTACH Powerhead with Brush Cutter attachment
The contest is open to OFA’s farm business (FBR) and individual farm members (IFM). Each member is eligible to enter the contest only once and there can only be one entry per FBR membership or per IFM.
The deadline to enter the draw is October 30, 2020.
OFA Honda ATV Member Draw Contest
This OFA Honda Member Draw Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by the Ontario Federation of Agriculture (“OFA”). This document constitutes the official rules of the Contest (the “Rules”) and the Rules exclusively govern all aspects of the Contest. Entry of a participant in this Contest constitutes that participant’s irrevocable acceptance of and agreement to be bound by all of the Rules of the Contest.
Timing of Contest
The Contest will take place from 9 a.m. EST Wednesday, March 4, 2020 to midnight EST Friday, October 30, 2020 (the “Contest Period”).
Eligibility to Enter
- The Contest is open only to individuals who:
- are legal residents of the province of Ontario;
- are eighteen (18) years of age or older;
- are a member of OFA that is in good standing that are either a Registered Farming Business Member or an Individual Farm Member, as such terms are defined in the OFA By-law 19-1; and,
- meet all other requirements set out in these Rules
(each an “Eligible Participant”).
- The Contest is void where prohibited by county, region, state, provincial, and/or federal law(s).
- The Contest is not open to employees of OFA, OFA’s elected Board of Directors or to any person who is or purports to be a family member (defined as spouse, dependent for federal income tax purposes, or step or biological mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son) of or who resides in the same household as any employee of OFA, or their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, agents, and advertising or promotional agencies.
- All entries are subject to verification at any time. OFA reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to OFA – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of OFA in a timely manner may result in disqualification. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid entry in the Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
- The Contest is open only to individuals who:
How to Enter
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. Chances of winning cannot be determined by OFA prior to the end of the Contest Period and will be dependent on the number of Eligible Participants participating in the Contest.
- Entry into the Contest is done by fully and properly filling out an electronic or paper ballot entry form (the “Entry Form”). Entry into the Contest is done by fully and properly filling out an electronic entry form obtained online at ofa.on.ca/hondadraw, by online entry at authorized OFA displays at farm
shows, by mail-in paper ballot entry or by contacting OFA directly during the contest period of Wednesday, March 4 to Friday, October 30, 2020. Mail-in paper ballot entries are reserved for Eligible Participants who do not have access to quality internet service. Paper ballot entries must include First Name, Last Name, FBR or IFM number and Phone Number. All paper ballot entries must be mailed to OFA at Suite 206,100 Stone Road West, Guelph, ON N1G 5L3 in a stamped envelope and addressed as “Attn: OFA Honda Member Draw”. Entry must be received by OFA during the Contest Period. Each properly completed and submitted Entry Form earns one entry into the contest. Any and all submissions that do not meet the entry form requirements or deemed, by OFA, to be incomplete, illegible, irregular, inaccurate, misdirected, falsified, altered, tampered with, lost or delayed, are void and will not be entered into the contest.
- Each Eligible Participant can enter the Contest only once and there can be only one Eligible Participant per Farm Business Registration Membership or per Individual Farm Membership. Any violation or attempted violation of this condition shall result in disqualification.
- If it is discovered that any Eligible Participant has attempted to use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities or membership numbers to enter the Contest; then (in the sole and absolute discretion of OFA) he/she may be disqualified from the Contest and all of his/her entries voided. Use (or attempted use) of multiple names, identities, and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt the Contest is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by OFA. OFA shall have the right to disqualify any participant in the Contest (whether or not such participant is an Eligible Participant) if OFA, in its sole discretion, considers the participant to have or have attempted to have tampered with the entry process, violated any Rules or otherwise acted in an un-sportsmanlike, disruptive or abusive manner. The Releasees (as defined in section 7: how to claim a prize) are not responsible for entries that are incomplete, illegible, irregular, inaccurate, misdirected, falsified, altered, tampered with, lost or delayed, all of which are void. All Entry Forms shall become the property of OFA and shall not be returned.
- IN NO EVENT AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN MORE THAN THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF ENTRIES AS STATED IN THESE RULES.
- If, for any reason whatsoever, any part of the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or other causes which in the sole opinion of OFA, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, OFA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and to select winner from eligible entries received prior to the action taken or in some other manner that OFA deems fair and equitable.
- OFA is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Contest, including but not limited to, errors in advertising, the rules, the selection and announcement of Winners, or the distribution of the prizes.
The prizes of this Contest for the Winners (as defined below) shall include the following:
- 1st Prize: 2020 Honda Pioneer Side-by-Side 700M2DL
- 2nd Prize: Honda EU3000iS Electric Start Generator
- 3rd Prize: Honda C435 GX35 VERSATTACH Powerhead with Brush Cutter attachment
All prize delivery arrangements will be made, in collaboration, by OFA, Honda and the Winners. The prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be substituted, sold, transferred, assigned or redeemed for cash. Notwithstanding the preceding sentence, OFA reserves the right to substitute the prize for another prize of equivalent value at its sole and absolute discretion, for whatever reason. Prizes may not be exactly as advertised, and except as expressly warranted herein, any prize is provided “as is” without further warranty of any kind. Winners are fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal taxes (including income and withholding taxes). Any and all additional costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided including but not limited to shipping expenses, taxes in claiming, accepting and/or using the prize are the sole responsibility of the
Entry Forms shall be gathered in Guelph, Ontario. A random draw will be conducted on Tuesday, November 4, 2020 in Guelph, Ontario to select the potential prize winners (the “Selected Entrants” or each a “Selected Entrant”). The Selected Entrants shall be notified by telephone or email within ten (10) business days of the day upon which the draw was conducted and must respond to the contact person and number identified in the notification within two (2) business days of the notification. If a Selected Entrant does not respond to the notification or otherwise comply with all other Rules, the Selected Entrant will not be declared a Winner, nor shall said Selected Entrant receive a prize and OFA shall conduct a draw for another Selected Entrant. If, after three (3) such attempts an alternative Selected Entrant is not found, OFA reserves the right to donate the prize to a registered charity, the choice of which shall be made in its sole and absolute discretion.
Before Selected Entrants may be declared winners and subsequently receive prizes (the “Winners” or each a “Winner”), Selected Entrants must:
- Sign a release agreement (each a “Release Agreement”) with OFA:
- confirming the Selected Entrant’s compliance with and acceptance of the Rules; releasing OFA, its respective affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and its shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from and against any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses to the Selected Entrant or any other individual or entity arising out of participation in the Contest, including without limitation, any use or misuse of any prize, any costs and expenses associated with any prize, any losses or damages related to personal injuries, death or loss of destruction of property associated with any prize, any rights of publicity or privacy and any defamation or portrayal in a false light; and, granting and consenting, without any further compensation, to the use by OFA and its agents of the Selected Entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, place of residence, voice and expressions for Contest administration and for advertising and promotional purposes anywhere in the world and in any medium, as and in relation to being a Contest Winner; and,
- Correctly answer, without mechanical aid or assistance, a mathematical skill- testing question to be administered at such time and in such manner as OFA determines in its sole discretion. OFA reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate or necessary to comply with applicable law.
Each Selected Entrant must sign a Release Agreement within ten (10) business days of the notification date in section 6 of these Rules. OFA will contact each of the respective Winners regarding prize delivery and subsequent arrangements. If the Selected Entrant does not sign a Release Agreement the prize will be irrevocably forfeited, and the Selected Entrant disqualified from the Contest.
- Sign a release agreement (each a “Release Agreement”) with OFA:
- administering this Contest and as identified in section 7 of these Rules (which consent cannot be revoked without disqualification from the Contest); and
- identifying and better understanding a participant’s needs and preferences in order to develop and offer that participant information, products and/or services by OFA (which consent can be revoked by the participant separately contacting OFA and advising it of such revocation).
Limitation of Liability
A participant, by submitting any entry for this Contest (whether such participant is an Eligible Participant, or is disqualified) agrees to and does release (to the extent permitted by law) OFA, and its respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses to such participant or any other individual or entity arising out of: incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information; incomplete, illegible, irregular, inaccurate, misdirected, falsified, altered, tampered with, lost or delayed entries, or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels (all of which will be disqualified); technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer, network, hardware or software; unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; and any decisions made by OFA in administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules, including without limitation, respecting disqualifications and eligibility determinations.
A participant, by submitting any entry for this Contest (whether such participant is an Eligible Participant, or is disqualified) agrees that: any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to direct out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event lawyers' fees; and all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, multiple damages and any other damages, other than direct out-of-pocket expenses, are hereby irrevocably waived.
A participant, by submitting any entry for this Contest (whether such participant is an Eligible Participant or is disqualified) agrees that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or any rights and obligations in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by the laws of the province of Ontario without regard to any conflict of law rules and attorns to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ontario. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
List of Winners and Rules
A copy of these Rules can be obtained upon request or online at ofa.on.ca/hondadraw during the contest period. A list of Winners can be obtained by contacting OFA at Suite 206, 100 Stone Road West, Guelph, ON N1G 5L3 and providing a self-addressed stamped envelope for provision of such information and materials.