Calendar of Events
Use our interactive events calendar to find out more about upcoming agricultural events across the province.
- This event has passed.
OMAFRA’s Employment Standards for Agriculture webinar
12 April, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
You are welcome to join OMAFRA’s next informational session for the agricultural sector on April 12 from 10-12 PM.
As international agricultural workers return to Ontario for the 2022 growing season and rules continue to change around COVID-19, the Ministry of Labour Training and Skills Development (MLTSD) will be hosting a two-hour online information session to help you better understand employment standards rights and obligations as they relate to COVID-19 in the agricultural sector. This webinar is offered in English and will have a Q and A period.
The session will be delivered by a ministry subject-matter expert to provide information on:
- Employer obligations under the Employment Standards Act (ESA)
- Rights of employees, including International Agricultural Workers, under the ESA
- Exemptions and Exceptions relating to the agricultural sector
- Temporary Help Agencies, placement employees, and the client business – what are their roles?
- Obligations relating to COVID-19 and the ESA
This webinar will provide you with valuable information to help protect workers and agri-food stakeholders throughout this ever-changing pandemic.
You must register in advance. For more information and to register, please visit our omafra.gov.on.ca/wehttps://survey.clicktools.com/app/survey/response.jspbinars (after registering, you will receive Zoom details).