Calendar of Events
Use our interactive events calendar to find out more about upcoming agricultural events across the province.
- This event has passed.
MLTSD Temporary Help Agencies Initiative webinar
June 21 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The Ministry of Labour Training and Skills Development (MLTSD) is conducting a compliance initiative focusing on Temporary Help Agencies throughout the province of Ontario from May through August 2022. As part of the initiative inspectors will also focus on workplaces that employ temporary foreign workers in the agriculture sector.
MLTSD will conduct proactive inspections of farms and other businesses employing temporary foreign workers in the farming sector to ensure that workers are aware of their rights, hazards in the work, and responsibilities of their employer.
Free Webinar – June 21, 1:00 to 2:00 pm
A free webinar about the initiative, jointly provided by the MLTSD and Workplace Safety & Prevention Services (WSPS), is available. Participants will learn about:
- Key priority areas
- The initiative timeline
- How to prepare for an initiative inspection
- Helpful resources
This webinar will be of interest to Temporary Help Agencies and Employers who contract temporary foreign workers in the agriculture sector, specifically”:
- Workplace Health & Safety Coordinators/Managers
- Managers and Supervisors both onsite at the workplace and through the Temporary Help Agency
- Those who coordinate staffing with Temporary Help Agencies
- JHSC Members
- Human Resources with Health & Safety in their portfolio
- Others involved in sourcing, managing or contracting temporary help workers
Senior Manager, Industrial Health & Safety Program
Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development (MLTSD)
Jay Remsik, Health and Safety Consultant
Workplace Safety & Prevention Services