The Ontario Federation of Agriculture (OFA) currently seeks a full-time temporary Member Service Representative (MSR) for the Zone 8– Arnprior, Lanark, Ottawa and Renfrew Region to join our dynamic team for a 12-month contract of employment.
Are you, a strong communicator who uses those skills to build positive and strong working relationships. Are you, passionate about facilitation, coordination, and delivery of programs that help people feel engaged, aware of important issues, and ready to take action. Are you a fast learner with a growth mindset who focuses on the details and thrives at staying organized and completing high quality work.
Sound like a great role to you? Keep reading to learn about the role’s essential functions, and preferred skills and experiences.
The Member Services Representative (MSR) is responsible for the successful facilitation, coordination, and delivery of OFA programs to members within the region. As well, to increase retention of members and provide superior levels of service through relationship management, effective public relations and contributing to organizational and leadership development in the delivery of these benefits and services. The incumbent provides a key link between members, community and local boards and will endeavour to build and maintain the OFA as an exceptional service-driven organization.
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Member Relations and Services
- With support and direction of the Manager of Member Services for the region, and support from the OFA staff, provide and ensure consistent and coordinated services to the membership.
- Assist members with farm-related problems through investigation, providing access to information, collaborating with internal and external resources, and additional support as required to assist in effective resolution options
- Input and track member contact information via the OFA IMIS database
- Encourage and assist in the communications to members through Local Federation meetings, newsletters, and other forms of media where appropriate
- Receive and respond to member inquiries and concerns regarding registration under the Farm Business Registration Act.
- Develop and support programs to encourage and promote recognition and retention of members in the OFA
- Respond to individual farmer-member concerns and issues by providing information, consultation, potential solutions, and support to members and local organizations
- Promotion of OFA at Trade Shows, and events
- Assist Local Federations with the recruitment for participation within their
- Assist in training and development of members to take on leadership roles at the local and provincial levels of the Federation organization.
- Provide coaching and resources to leaders in the form of access to training and development programs and opportunities.
- Assists in the development of the OFA organization at the local and provincial level through participation in meetings, development of effective local committees and local delivery of OFA programs and benefits.
- Assist County Federations to enhance and improve organizational
- Support local efforts to address broader issues and concerns within the farming
- Liaise with OFA Zone Board Director to ensure coordination of communication in response to emerging issues and OFA programs
- Encourage and assist in the development and execution of programs and activities to enhance the image of the OFA, farmers, and farm organizations (i.e., developing media relationships, partnership projects, participation at trade shows etc).
- Provide information and co-ordination for OFA led campaigns and events (i.e., lobby campaigns).
- Attend OFA functions and events including the annual meeting and
- Provide an active and effective presence for members in the field
- Provide reports of updates on current issues directed by Management, such as, weekly reports, time tracker, County federation reports, etc
MSR’s are required to follow all OFA policies, procedures, health and safety requirements.
Physical Requirements & Other Duties
- Ability to bend, lift at least 15lbs
- Ability to assemble and take down display
- Can operate battery operated drill for installation
- Completion of a minimum two (2) years’ post-secondary education from an accredited educational institution or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience and or training in the agriculture industry
- Experience in a service / volunteer driven organization is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Superior facilitative and organizational skills
- Effective written, oral and presentation skills
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative
- Appreciation and understanding of agriculture in Ontario and the nature of the farming culture.
- Ability to work effectively unsupervised as well can collaborate within a team
- Access to a reliable vehicle / transportation which meets OFA Vehicle Policy
- Ontario (G) Driver’s License
- Works in an office environment as well as out in the field- as required
- Usually works a standard thirty-five (35) hour work week
- Will be required to work flexible hours (including evenings and weekends) to attend meetings or events and functions.
- May deal with conflict and member relations issues causing stress at times.
- Spends a frequent amount of time driving to events, meetings, and member venues.
- Must be able to manage frequent interruptions and multiple tasks daily
- Travel required
- Accountability: Takes personal ownership and responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work commitments. Follows organizational guidelines, professional standards, regulations and Demonstrates reliability and integrity on a daily basis.
- Adaptability: Adapts and responds to changing conditions, priorities, technologies and requirements. Recognizes new information and ideas with a willingness to alter opinions and Applies versatility, reasoning and innovativeness in the face of change. Able to comfortably collaborate in a variety of situations and with diverse individuals.
- Communication: Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity; using active listening techniques in order to effectively understand and provide feedback; summarizing information according to the audience in order to promote engagement and increase understanding.
- Networking and Relationship Building: Effectively builds constructive, friendly, professional relationships and networks of key contacts with people and colleagues, maintains partnerships that can provide information, assistance and support.
- Problem Solving: Demonstrated ability to break a situation down into smaller pieces, cause and effect, to identify key issues; figuring out cause and effect relationships in order to solve them using logic and analytical methods to develop and propose improvements for the organization and its members.
- Service Orientation: Gives superior service to both internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common
BENEFITS & REMUNERATION
- Starting Salary: $44,000.00/yr. (12-month contract)
- Work week: Current hours of work – 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- Benefits: OFA’s group benefit program three (3) months upon their Start Date.
- Health care
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Company events
- Vacation: 10 days accrued monthly over the course of calendar year
- Mileage Per/Km: Vehicle use will be compensated at a rate of 0.58 cents /km for work related mileage, which is recorded daily.
In accordance with OFA’s COVID-19 Vaccine policy, new employees are required to be fully vaccinated, (valid medical or Ontario Human Rights Code exemptions permitted), against COVID- 19 as a condition of employment.
We wish to thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those who will be considered for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity within our workforce. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities act, 2005 and Disabilities Act of Canada, upon request, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Please note that we only recruit individuals who are here in Ontario and legally entitled to work in Canada.
Applicants may submit their cover letter and resume, in confidence to Human Resources no later than June 9, 2023 at 12 pm directly to email@example.com