The Ontario Federation of Agriculture (OFA) currently seeks a full-time Member Relations Representative (MRR) to join our dynamic team.
Are you, a strong communicator who uses those skills to build positive and strong working relationships. Are you, passionate about facilitation, coordination, and delivery of programs that help people feel engaged, aware of important issues, and ready to take action. Are you a fast learner with a growth mindset who focuses on the details and thrives at staying organized and completing high quality work.
Sound like a great role to you? Keep reading to learn about the role’s essential functions, and preferred skills and experiences.
The Member Relations Representative (MRR) is responsible for the successful facilitation, coordination and delivery of OFA memberships within the Ontario region.
The Member Relations Representative provides superior level of key services essential to the success of the position and ensures timely communication response to OFA member inquires. As well as constructive links and collaboration between members and OFA field team.
Will endeavour to build and maintain the OFA as an exceptional service–driven organization by providing superior level of service, through relationship management, effective public relations and active participation in the delivery of benefits and services.
Discretion and confidentiality must be maintained at all times while executing this job function.
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Often is first point of contact for incoming telephone communications from OFA members.
- Respond to all farmer-member inquires or questions through active investigation, maintain superior relationships, consultation, provide potential solutions or direct them to their Member Services Representative (MSR) in the field for effective resolution options.
- Handle complex and escalated customer service issues.
- Direct inquires if needed to appropriate source.
- Provide information on all Member Benefits.
- Complete all administration tasks maintaining accurate information in OFA membership database.
- Coordinate FBR card and receipt mail outs to printing house.
- Process yearly FBR refunds into database.
- Coordinated mailing of membership agreements.
- Entering of membership agreements into database.
- Process new IFM & ASC memberships.
- Monthly processing of member renewal invoices and process associated payments. Process IFM & ASC membership card and receipts (in the office)
- Provided mailing labels and lists to OFA MSR’s and County Federations when required. Assist with development or updating of Member Relation literature.
- Provide general OFA staff support as needed.
- Annual OFA convention registration duties.
Assist Manager to compile and maintain statistical information. Perform other related duties as required.
Completion of a minimum two-year post-secondary education from an accredited educational institution in a relevant field of study or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience in a member service/volunteer driven organization is preferred. Fluent English, written and verbal.
- Agricultural background or experience is an asset.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Superior delivery of customer service excellence and organizational skills. Above average computer abilities.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and oral.
- Knowledge of relevant software – MS Office Products, Membership Database Management, Spreadsheets, E-mail, Internet, Social Media.
- Proven track record of attention to detail and accuracy in the accumulation and transfer of information.
- Demonstrates discretion and adheres to confidentiality in handling delicate or complex situations.
- Appreciation and understanding of agriculture in Ontario and the nature of the farming culture.
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and self-management as well as collaborates within an active team in an ever-changing environment.
- Exceptional people skills with the ability to interact with providing solutions or collaboration with Manager and Member Services team.
- Proven track record of providing solutions when meeting everyday challenges of problem solving.
- Works in an office environment with flexibility for off-site meetings.
- Usually works a standard thirty-five (35) hour work week for full-time and twenty-one-hour work week for part-time.
- May be required to work some overtime hours to attend meetings or meet annual obligations during specific periods of member relations cycle.
- Will be required occasional travel.
- May experience tight deadlines and stressful conditions at times.
- Spends a frequent amount of time sitting and looking at a computer screen.
- Spends a large amount of time on the telephone.
- Is required to maintain high levels of concentration and attention to detail for extended periods.
- May deal with conflict and member relations issues causing stress at times.
- Must be able to manage frequent interruptions and multiple tasks daily.
- Ability to commute/relocate: Guelph, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
BENEFITS & REMUNERATION
- Starting Salary: $39,500.00/yr. with a positive review at six (6) months to increase to $40,000/yr.
- Work week: Hours of work – 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- Flex time: Once 6-12 months completed, one day remote work, with approval.
- Benefits: OFA’s group benefit program three (3) months upon their Start Date.
- Health care
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Company events
- Casual dress
- Day shift
- Pension Plan: OFA defined benefit Pension Plan upon completion of six months (6) of employment. The OFA pension plan is shared 50/50 responsibility between the Employer and the Employee.
- Vacation: Three weeks (15 days) pro-rated yearly.
- Sick time: Sick leave benefits earned/accrued monthly over the course of each calendar year, and personal time as needed, as outlined and limited by policy.
- Mileage Per/Km: Vehicle use will be compensated at a rate of 0.58 cents /km for work related mileage when applicable.
In accordance with OFA’s COVID-19 Vaccine policy, new employees are required to be fully vaccinated, (valid medical or Ontario Human Rights Code exemptions permitted), against COVID- 19 as a condition of employment.
We wish to thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those who will be considered for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity within our workforce. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities act, 2005 and Disabilities Act of Canada, upon request, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Please note that we only recruit individuals who are here in Ontario and legally entitled to work in Canada.
Applicants may submit their cover letter and resume, in confidence to Human Resources no later than February 17, 2023 at 4 pm directly to firstname.lastname@example.org