The Ontario Federation of Agriculture (OFA) currently seeks a full-time Member Relations Representative (MRR) to join our dynamic team. Applicants may submit their cover letter and resume, in confidence to email@example.com no later than Friday, August 26, 2022, at 4 pm.
OFA Job Position Description:
Title: Member Relations Representative (MRR)
Unit: Finance and Administration
Reports to: Supervisor, Member Relations
Direct Reports: None
- The Member Relations Representative (MRR) is responsible for the successful facilitation, coordination and delivery of OFA memberships within the Ontario region.
- The Member Relations Representative provides superior level of key services essential to the success of the position and ensures timely communication response to OFA member inquires. As well as constructive links and collaboration between members and OFA field team.
- Will endeavour to build and maintain the OFA as an exceptional service–driven organization by providing superior level of service, through relationship management, effective public relations and active participation in the delivery of benefits and services.
- Discretion and confidentiality must be maintained at all times while executing this job function.
Key Position Responsibilities and Duties
- Often is first point of contact for incoming telephone communications from OFA members.
- Respond to all farmer-member inquires or questions through active investigation, maintain superior relationships, consultation, provide potential solutions or direct them to their Member Services Representative (MSR) in the field for effective resolution options.
- Handle complex and escalated customer service issues.
- Direct inquires if needed to appropriate source.
- Provide information on all Member Benefits.
- Complete all administration tasks maintaining accurate information in OFA membership database.
- Coordinate FBR card and receipt mail outs to printing house.
- Process yearly FBR refunds into database.
- Coordinated mailing of membership agreements.
- Entering of membership agreements into database.
- Process new IFM & ASC memberships.
- Monthly processing of member renewal invoices and process associated payments.
- Process IFM & ASC membership card and receipts (in the office)
- Provided mailing labels and lists to OFA MSR’s and County Federations when required.
- Assist with development or updating of Member Relation literature.
- Provide general OFA staff support as needed.
- Annual OFA convention registration duties.
- Assist Manager to compile and maintain statistical information.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Completion of a minimum two-year post-secondary education from an accredited educational institution in a relevant field of study or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience in a member service/volunteer-driven organization is preferred.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal.
- Agricultural background or experience is an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Superior delivery of customer service excellence and organizational skills.
- Above-average computer abilities.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and oral.
- Knowledge of relevant software – MS Office Products, Membership Database Management, Spreadsheets, E-mail, Internet, Social Media.
- Proven track record of attention to detail and accuracy in the accumulation and transfer of information.
- Demonstrates discretion and adheres to confidentiality in handling delicate or complex situations.
- Appreciation and understanding of agriculture in Ontario and the nature of the farming culture.
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and self-management as well as collaborates within an active team in an ever-changing environment.
- Exceptional people skills with the ability to interact with providing solutions or collaboration with Manager and Member Services team.
- Proven track record of providing solutions when meeting everyday challenges of problem-solving.
- Works in an office environment with flexibility for off-site meetings.
- Usually works a standard thirty-five (35)hour work week for full-time and twenty-one hour work week for part-time.
- May be required to work some overtime hours to attend meetings or meet annual obligations during specific periods of member relations cycle.
- Will be required occasional travel.
- May experience tight deadlines and stressful conditions at times.
- Spends a frequent amount of time sitting and looking at a computer screen.
- Spends a large amount of time on the telephone.
- Is required to maintain high levels of concentration and attention to detail for extended periods.
- May deal with conflict and member relations issues causing stress at times.
- Must be able to manage frequent interruptions and multiple tasks daily.
In accordance with OFA’s COVID-19 Vaccine policy, new employees are required to be fully vaccinated, (valid medical or Ontario Human Rights Code exemptions permitted), against COVID- 19 as a condition of employment.
*Applicants will be contacted ONLY if an interview is required. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. The OFA is an equal opportunity employer.
The starting salary for the position is: $39,500