The Ontario Federation of Agriculture (‘OFA’) is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic individual to join our dynamic team in the full-time position of Communications Coordinator. Applicants may submit their cover letter and resume, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, August 5, 2022, at 4 pm.
OFA Job Position Description:
Title: Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Director, Communications and Stakeholder Relations
Direct Reports: None
The Ontario Federation of Agriculture (OFA) is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic individual to join our dynamic team in the full-time position of Communications Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of Communications and Stakeholder Relations, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for the development, coordination and execution of OFA communications to internal and external audiences. The Coordinator will assist in the development and delivery of an overall communications strategy for the organization through a variety of communication tools, platforms and resources.
- Work closely with the Director of Communications and Stakeholder Relations to develop and maintain strong brand identity and reputation while supporting OFA’s strategic plan and objectives
- Manage and write content for news releases, speaking notes, websites, social media, newsletters and other communications materials
- Lead for development and creation of content on OFA’s digital and social media platforms
- Work across organizational departments and with the communications team to communicate strategic priorities, initiatives and policies to government policymakers, industry stakeholders and organizational partners
- Prepare, research, edit and format various OFA documents, fact sheets, reports and presentations as required
- Provide design, formatting and layout support OFA communication materials targeted at internal and external audiences
- Provide media relations support to the organization and its representatives
- Support the entire OFA team, filling in wherever additional help is needed to meet deadlines, finish projects, or to coordinate events
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations/Communications or equivalent work experience in related field
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines, independently or within a team environment
- Demonstrates creativity and attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of social media platforms
- Knowledge and experience using web and social media management tools (ex. WordPress and Sprout Social)
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat
- Knowledge and understanding of Ontario’s agri-food sector an asset
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Outgoing nature with the ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues, industry partners, members and external audiences
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset
- A valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- In-person – working out of OFA’s head office in Guelph
- Flexibility to travel in Ontario and a willingness to work outside of normal office hours when required (events, meetings etc.)
In accordance with OFA’s COVID-19 Vaccine policy, new employees are required to be fully vaccinated, (valid medical or Ontario Human Rights Code exemptions permitted), against COVID- 19 as a condition of employment.
Applicants will be contacted ONLY if an interview is required. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. The OFA is an equal opportunity employer.